These include links to the PSI-Utah website, Utah Resource Guide and video on Postpartum Depression
The Utah Women and Newborn’s Quality Collaborative has developed a provider toolkit offering essential information on identifying and treating perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. Please use the following link to complete a brief survey requesting access to the Maternal Mental Health Provider Toolkit.
All childbearing individuals in Utah receive mental health education and screening during pregnancy and the postpartum period. Every individual with perinatal mental health concerns receives the most appropriate care, from the most appropriate healthcare professional, within an appropriate, stage-based response time.
1. Ensure adequate education and training for all healthcare providers* in Utah who deliver healthcare services to childbearing individuals.
· Primary Care Providers
· Students in Health Professions
· Identify diverse mental health providers
· Emergency Departments and Urgent Care Facilities
2. Evaluate effectiveness of dissemination of toolkit to clinical settings.
3. Identify maternal mental health needs and barriers in various communities across Utah.
· Focus Groups
· Survey (Ownership of MOMs survey)
4. Identify ways to understand third party payers’ reimbursement for mental health services (All Payers Database).
*Including Maternal-Child health workers, nurses, medical assistants, doctors, midwives, clinic staff, lactation consultants, perinatal care managers, doulas, community/public health workers, employee assistance providers, employee health resource workers.