If you have insurance, though the Marketplace, your employer, or Medicaid your plan must cover some preventive services without charging a copayment or any money up-front.
These services include:
- Anemia Screening
- Birth Control
- Folic Acid Vitamins
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Screening and counseling
- Breast Cancer Genetic Test Counseling (BRCA)
- Breast Cancer (Mammogram) Screenings
- Cervical Cancer (Pap Test) Screening
- Domestic violence Screening and Counseling
- Tobacco Use Screening and Interventions
- Well-Woman Visits
For more on other preventive care benefits available for women with insurance see www.healthcare.gov/preventive-care-women/
If you currently do not have insurance, 2 programs in Utah provide insurance coverage. The Primary Care Network and the Utah’s Premium Partnership for Health Insurance may be available to help with the cost of health care. Please see www.health.utah.gov/pcn/ to learn more.
To find clinics that are currently seeing uninsured/Medicaid patients, please see http://health.utah.gov/safetynet/public/index.htm