It is normal to feel shock, grief, depression, guilt, anger, and a sense of failure when you lose a pregnancy. If you experience a loss, it is important to take care of yourself and seek the help of loved ones and/or professionals during this difficult time. You and other family members may suffer from depression.
Some ways to help get you through this difficult time are:
- Turn to loved ones and friends for support. Share your feelings and ask for help when you need it.
- Talk to your partner about your loss. Keep in mind that people cope with loss in different ways.
- Take care of yourself. Eating healthy foods, keeping active, and getting enough sleep will help restore energy and well-being.
- Join a support group. A support group might help you to feel less alone.
- Do something to remember your baby.
Seek help from a grief counselor, especially if your grief does not ease with time.